Congressman Jason Chaffetz Responds to my E-mail Concerning Obamacare

August 19, 2009

Dear Mr. -------,

Thank you for taking the time to share with me your concerns regarding our health care system. I share many of your concerns in recognizing serious issues concerning the quality, accessibility and availability of affordable health insurance.

The majority of Americans agree that our health care system is in a state of crisis and in need of significant reform. I support policies that uphold the core principles of limited government. Prevention at a primary level is an important health care cost effective initiative.

I envision a health care system that is patient centered, allowing the individual to make their health care decisions. I support health care reform that puts the patient and their health first, protecting the important doctor-patient relationship. Tort reform, tax credits, and health savings accounts are among the potential solutions to help us accomplish this.

Expanding government's role in health care will raise taxes, ration care, and allow government bureaucrats to make decisions that should be made by families and their doctors. Government mandates in health care already encourage waste, fraud and abuse that result in higher costs and more families without care.

I am opposed to HR 3200, the House Democrats' health care plan, and will be voting against it.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. I greatly appreciate your active involvement on this issue.

Sincerely,

Jason Chaffetz
Member of Congress
Now, if you compare this to the letter I received from Congressman Jim Matheson, you will notice that Chaffetz is much more to the point, and lets me know clearly, that he will not be voting for Obamacare. It also seems much less like a form letter, as it isn't full of talking points, and a bunch of fluff, like Matheson's letter. I urge all my fellow Utahan's to get Matheson out of office, and replace him with a strong conservative.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete profane, obscene, or otherwise insulting messages. So please, keep it clean.

While you're at it, visit our message boards!