Is John McCain too Liberal?

Is McCain too liberal? I really, really want to vote for John McCain, I do. It’s just that he isn’t giving me many reasons too, and he seems hell bent on distancing himself from my conservative views. John, John, John… Listen to me fella, you can’t win this election if you abandon the conservative base, and court the moderates and independents instead. The more you lean towards the left, the more you look like Obama. If you two are essentially the same, and there are no clear cut differences, who do you think people are going to vote for? Obama, the “handsome,” “well spoken,” “brother from another mother,” or for you, the geriatric, that doesn’t have wide appeal outside of the nursing home crowd?

Listen John, there are some things conservatives simply won’t stand for, and you would be wise to change your stance on.

1. Global Warming. Come on, you know as well as we do, it’s a bunch of bull. What happened John, did you ask senator Lieberman for a little advice on how to appeal to the independents, and he suggested global warming? Global warming is being used as an excuse by the left to increase their power, and raise our taxes. Conservatives don’t want higher taxes or bigger government. We don’t fear big business, or favor the government waging hefty taxes against them. We are smart enough to realize that tax increase is just passed onto us, the “little guy” you supposedly want to protect.

2. Immigration. John, conservatives aren’t heartless. We definitely feel a sense of empathy for those struggling in their own lands. We can admire the fact that they see America as the land of promise. But John, we are also law abiders, and realists. The law is still the law, and it needs to be followed. I recently received a great e-mail with a really interesting analogy:

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, 'No! I like it here. It's better than my house. I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

So by the logic of those who support illegal immigration: You are required to let me stay in your house. You are required to feed me. You are required to add me to your family's insurance plan. You are required to educate my kids. You are required to provide other benefits to me & to my family (my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house.

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn my language so you can communicate with me.

3. This whole crossing the aisle business. Look John, every time you play your little maverick game, and make some back room deals with the Dems, you make more and more people in the Republican Party, and Conservatives, upset. Take a page from Regan’s book. The way to get things done with the left, is not to appease them, or compromise; it is with overwhelming, unwavering conservatism. When you take that unwavering stance, the VAST majority of Americans will support you, and your policies. Since the left are spineless, and so concerned with the latest popularity polls, they will bend and break to the public will. If you stick to Conservative principles, you WILL succeed, because those principles are based on morally correct standards and practices.

Let me make something clear. There are many of John McCain’s stances I disagree with, but they are a flickering candle compared to the great burning sun of disagreement I have with Obama. To his credit, he has promised not to repeal the George Bush tax cuts, and he has a very strong stance on national defense, and the war in Iraq. But McCain still has a lot of work to do, to prove he deserves my support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete profane, obscene, or otherwise insulting messages. So please, keep it clean.

While you're at it, visit our message boards!