Immigration Parable


The following is from an e-mail that has circulated for some time now:

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, 'No! I like it here. It's better than my house. I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors. I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

By the way, while I live in your house, you are required to let me stay in your house, feed me, add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, provide other benefits to me & to my family (my husband will do all of your yard work because he is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there. The ACLU will sue you, and cause you all sorts of grief.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just
trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest person, except for well,
you know, I did break into your house.

I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I demand that you learn my language so you can communicate with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete profane, obscene, or otherwise insulting messages. So please, keep it clean.

While you're at it, visit our message boards!