Obama and the Saddleback Debates


I have a couple of things I want to touch on regarding Obama and the Saddleback debates.

So I’ll just briefly mention Obama’s quote, which has gone down in history as one of the stupidest, most obviously dodgy comments of all time. When asked “AT WHAT POINT DOES A BABY GET HUMAN RIGHTS IN YOUR VIEW?” Obama answered: “WELL, I THINK THAT WHETHER YOU ARE LOOKING AT IT FROM A THEOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVE OR A SCIENTIFIC PERSPECTIVE, ANSWERING THAT QUESTION WITH SPECIFICITY, YOU KNOW, IS ABOVE MY PAY GRADE.”

Well if it’s above your pay grade, you dumb jerk, then you shouldn’t hold the most powerful office in the world. Being president is all about rising to the calling of the office, and making the tough decisions that need to be made.

But past the famous quote, was I the only one that wanted to kick my foot through the TV when I heard Obama respond to this question: “WHAT'S THE MOST GUT WRENCHING DECISION YOU'VE EVER HAD TO MAKE AND HOW DID YOU PROCESS THAT, COME TO THAT DECISION?”

Answer: “WELL, YOU KNOW, I THINK THE OPPOSITION TO THE WAR IN IRAQ WAS AS TOUGH A DECISION THAT I'VE HAD TO MAKE NOT ONLY BECAUSE THERE WERE POLITICAL CONSEQUENCES BUT ALSO BECAUSE SADDAM HUSSIEM WAS A BAD PERSON AND THERE WAS NO DOUBT THAT HE MET AMERICA ILL, BUT I WAS FIRMLY CONVINCED AT THE TIME THAT WE DID NOT HAVE STRONG EVIDENCE OF WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND THERE WERE A LOT OF QUESTIONS THAT AS I SPOKE TO EXPERTS KEPT ON COMING UP.”

Dude, you weren’t in office to vote for the war in Iraq, you were still in Chicago. How could it possibly be a gut wrenching decision, if it’s one you never had to make? The only decision you had to make was, should I follow my parties view on the war, when I run for senate? Was that gut wrenching? I doubt it, since you follow every other talking point they offer. Furthermore, was it gut wrenching when you voted for funding the war, several times?

My last point is, nothing Obama says is new. He just repeats the Lefty dogma we have all heard a million times. For example, here is Dirty Harry Reed on meet the Press, December 5th, 2004, regarding Justice Clarence Thomas: “I think that he has been an embarrassment to the Supreme Court. I think that his opinions are poorly written. I don't--I just don't think that he's done a good job as a Supreme Court justice.”

And Obama’s statement from the Saddleback debate: "I WOULD NOT HAVE NOMINATED CLARENCE THOMAS. I DON'T THINK THAT HE. I DON'T THINK THAT HE WAS A STRONG ENOUGH JURIST OR LEGAL THINKER AT THE TIME FOR THAT ELEVATION. SETTING ASIDE THE FACT THAT I PROFOUNDLY DISAGREE WITH HIS INTERPRETATION OF A LOT OF CONSTITUTION.”

That’s interesting that they both have the same opinion. Could it have anything to do with the fact that a black man isn’t in your pocket? That you hate him because he isn’t thinking or acting the way the democrat party thinks he should? Interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete profane, obscene, or otherwise insulting messages. So please, keep it clean.

While you're at it, visit our message boards!