Tweebots and human kindness

When I was at West Point, one semester the guy across the hall really liked Billy Bragg; especially the song "Milkman of Human Kindness." It has been a long time since I heard it, but I was thinking about it as I stumbled on this website. Basically Kacie turns these little "robots" loose in NYC with a little flag stating its mission. They run straight ahead at a constant speed and are completely reliant on strangers to guide them to their destination. The results are rather surprising. None of them has ever been stolen or vandalized. People were always helpful. Putting a drawn on smile is a good thing. Just a random link to a random project in a city I used to know pretty well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete profane, obscene, or otherwise insulting messages. So please, keep it clean.

While you're at it, visit our message boards!