The Future of Health Care


By Derek

Our special friends the Brits have been playing at socialized medicine for a long time now. Being an IT Geek with diabetes gives me more than a passing interest in how it works, what the problems are, etc. I look at it from both sides; how would it work and what the tech involved would be and then from the patient side of who could see my info and how do I control that access. I fear we are heading to a Gattaca like world or something...

From our friends across the pond:

The Department of Health has been told by the Information Commissioner's Office and the British Medical Association to improve the way it looks after patients' records.

The ICO issued a formal practice recommendation to the Department on Monday. It is the second time the ICO has imposed formal recommendations on the DoH - last April it was sent one over the way it handles Freedom of Information requests.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete profane, obscene, or otherwise insulting messages. So please, keep it clean.

While you're at it, visit our message boards!